The Agricultural Bank of Egypt exclusively provides the highest return on savings accounts as well as advantages that are suitable for all client segmentations; in terms of duration and value.
|Saving Account in Local Currency|
|Minimum amount for account opening||(L.E 100)|
|Interest rate||( %10)|
|EGP Retirement Saving Account|
|Minimum amount for account opening||(L.E 1000)|
|Foreign- currency Saving Account|
|Foreign Currencies||Us dollar- Euro- Pound Sterling|
|Minimum amount for account opening||($50- EUR 20 – £20)|
- Deposits and withdrawals from any of the bank’s branches all over Egypt.
- Returns are exempted from all types of taxes
- Loans in the same currency can be obtained against the account in accordance with the bank’s rules.
- A direct debit card can be obtained.
- 24/7 ATM access for drawings.
- Opened in the names of minors.
- Easy transfers to/ from the account inside and outside Egypt.
- Issuance of Certificates and deposits by deducting from the saving account and the return can be credited to account balance to be withdrawn at any time.
- The possibility of adding collected cheques to the saving account.
- Salary and pension transfer to the saving accounts.
- The savings holder may authorize others party to deposit and withdraw from the account.
- Statements can be issued in Arabic or in English based on the customers’ request for submission to any entity.
Terms & conditions:
- Saving accounts are opened for persons in their names and are non-transferable.
- Available for natural persons only.
- Cheque books issuance is not allowed.
- No direct debit card shall be issued for saving accounts of minors either under custody or guardianship.
- No issuance of saving books for nick or anonymous names or by the initials of the depositor’s name.
- Return is calculated on minimum credit balance during the month.
- No return on the amount deposited or withdrawn during the month.
Persons entitled to holding accounts:
- Foreigners holding valid 6 months residence permission.
- Minors (in their name under custody/ guardianship).
The required documents:
For new customers:
- A copy of the valid ID card- or passport for foreigners (Original should be presented).
- Birth certificates containing the national number for minors (custodian decision, if any).
- Filling in the application to open a saving account.
- Filling the (K.Y.C) form.
For current customers:
- Updating customer’s data.